Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vacation

Jeremy's vacation officially started yesterday, but I'm not counting that because it was weevil larvae day. We got off to a better to start this morning with an early morning trip to Dunkin' Donuts. Maren looks good again, and she was pretty happy with her donut, so now it feels like vacation. One good thing about Maren's break is that Jeremy will be able to go with us to her appointment, and be home for the week while she's on her new medicine. I always feel better when he's around to ask my medical questions. I'm sure it saves the oncology team more than a few phone calls from a worried mother. He definitely keeps me grounded as I would be likely to take her into the ER for so many little things just like I'd be the one starting the bonfire for the maggot room =).
Even though this wouldn't have been the type of vacation we pictured 6 months ago, we are going to make the best of it. In some ways I just want to look forward to when this will all be over in a few years, but I know that I can't live that way. There are no guarantees. There's no guarantee that things won't get worse with Maren, or any one of us really. I will be elated if we make it all the way through no worse than we are now, but if things turn out differently I don't want to have missed the days that I might wish I had back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em,

You are a truly amazing person! What a privilege and honor it has been for us to have you as our daughter!We hope your time as a family this week is filled with unimaginable blessings!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Connie said...

I have experienced Jeremy being a blessing to have around, so I can completely understand, Emily! I hope you have a week full of pleasant surprises. Praying lots for all of you!

Love,
Aunt Connie

Contributors