The fever has subsided (woo hoo - no ER), but the rash is still iffy. Elijah and Maren actually did sleep in Elijah's bed all night long, although I'm thinking they didn't sleep that well based on Elijah's decision to voluntarily go to bed at 5:30 this evening. I guess they were having too much fun.
Maren has a clinic appt. on Tuesday morning. If her lab values are high enough she'll start the second half of DI with a lumbar puncture and almost a full day of IV fluids (enough that the Ctyoxan won't be toxic to her system), and come home with her port accessed so that a home nurse can give her IV chemo over the following 4 days. She'll also get chemo in tablet form every night for 2 weeks. Please pray for her continued health during this time, that she won't get too curious and pull her port needle out, that the port will not get infected, and that she won't need any ER trips or hospital admissions. Please pray for my peace of mind as I tend to get really nervous about her temperature changes (the Ara-C that she'll be getting from the home nurse can cause fevers on its own). Thank you so much for praying.
4 months ago