I can't believe we made it to Day 8 already! That may not sound very far in terms of the entire 56 days, but really I thought every day would seem like an eternity. Our days have been filled with most of the things other families do in the Fall minus outings with friends and family, plus a few more syringes of medicince, and we are doing great.
Maren's appointment went well yesterday. She started screaming for french fries as soon as we got there (thanks to the steroids), so the clinic staff did their best to get us out of there as quickly as possible. Maybe she should scream for fries every week =).
Her counts were good - ANC was 4700 (this about where your's or mine would be on a given day). This was by far the highest ANC she's had since the beginning. The day she went to the hospital it was 0. Her immune system had been eaten up by the leukemia itself, not the chemo. So she is doing well even though the numbers are "artificially inflated" by the steroids, I feel better knowing that she probably won't get sick from some random mold spore or get the swine flu just by looking at somebody.
She woke up just a tiny bit cranky and then ate 5 pieces of bread with butter, but overall seems to be doing, much, much better than she was the day after chemo last week. So far, Delayed Intensification is going 1,000x better than I had expected it to. Your prayers are truly appreciated.
- a little fever
- Delayed Intensification, Day 28/56, Time warp
- Quick update
- Home sweet home . . .
- Delayed Intensification, Day 21/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 20/56, giving steroid...
- Swings and Haircuts
- Delayed Intensification Day 17/56
- I didn't expect the steroids to affect Maren so mu...
- Elijah Blaine
- Clinic Chronicles, Delayed Intensification, Day 15...
- Delayed Intensification , Day 13/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 12/56, N...
- Day 10/56, Looking Good and Going Strong
- Delayed Intensification Day 9/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 8/56
- Lovin' Labor Day
- Adventures in the Woodlands - Take that Day 4
- Delayed Intensification, Day 3/56
- Answered Prayers
- Delayed Intensification, Day 1/56
- ▼ September (22)