Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Delayed Intensification, Day 28/56, Time warp

I packed up 2 large bags this morning in anticipation of a long day at clinic. I realized I might have overdone it when Dr. Randy mentioned that I looked like I was going on a camping trip. It turned out that I really didn't need anything, because Maren's ANC was only 400. This means she is neutropenic and very vulnerable to infection, so we won't start the second half of DI today. We go back next Tuesday when they'll run her numbers again. If her count is high enough we'll pick up with Day 28 at that time. I'll still keep you updated this week even though it's like a treatment time warp. Please pray that she stays healthy and that she is able to rebuild her immune system. Thanks everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Sweetie. Our prayers hold Maren, you, Jeremy and Elijah in our hearts. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Love, Aunt Karen and Uncle Russ

Watkins said...

We're praying. I'm sorry about the delay - when all we want to do is get her healthily through this stage. Hang in there!

em

Contributors