Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Delayed Intensification, Day 21/56

All is quiet on the homefront. Steroid detox is slow-going, but I know it will happen. Maren has thrush in her mouth - a fairly common occurence for these little ones with weakened immune systems. She now has a new yellow medicine which she seems to find quite tasty (thank goodness since it's 4 times a day). Please pray that this will take care of the problem and not turn into the infamous mouth sores I've heard so much about. I am looking forward to a good clinic-less week as she clears out the steroids and gets back to being her happy self.

3 comments:

Carlos and Lisa said...

Hey Em! Thank you for making me smile with our posts. There's a package in the mail for Maren. No card, so please splain it's from us. Your photos are great. Keep us posted on the chestnuts :) Love you!

TomandBecky said...

Jeremy and Emily--It looks like I've got some catching up to do--with the move I haven't checked your blog in three weeks--and look how far you've come! Day 23?! Our hearts and thoughts are with you often, even if it's just in the nooks and crannies of life, when we've had a moment to breathe with all the chaos moving brings....and we can't wait to see the whole family again! Maren's a trooper, as are big brother, and especially Mom and Dad. You're doing a great job taking care of your little princess!
Love and Prayers from Michigan!
Becky

Mandy said...

Just thought I'd say I check your blog often and have been praying for little maren and all of you!
Mandy (justines sister)

Contributors