Monday, September 21, 2009

Delayed Intensification, Day 20/56, giving steroids the smackdown

Maren had her last dose of steroids tonight! Though she's too little and too cranky to understand it sometimes, things are looking up. At least we hope so. I recently read a quote from a little boy who had undergone a bone marrow transplant (BMT in leukemia world), and it was something to the effect of "Smile today, because tomorrow could be worse." Ha. I loved it. Anyway, I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself by practically having a party in my head to celebrate the end of steroids(for the next 3 mos), not knowing what's ahead for her with the upcoming Cytoxan and Ara-C, but we might as well enjoy the good moments while we have them. The picture above is Maren sporting her new "stripey hat" knitted by a sweet friend and getting ready to go through the McDonald's drive through. She gets these cravings for french fries, and even though I try to talk her out of it the steroids beat me every time. Who knew I could I be outwitted by someone else's medication? Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lynn said...

LOVE the hat!! may be I can request one :o)

Love the positive attitude and how it obviously translates to your family - your children look so happy.

Continued prayers and thoughts for smooth sailing ahead!

Alison and her boys said...

The hat is so cute...how could you not get her the french fries when she looks like that?? :)

I love to read your smiles and positive outlook in your posts! Thanks for writing so much!
love you!

Becky said...

Great news. Glad the steroids are over. That's terrific. Love the pic, too.

Laurie B. said...

Love the photo! Could she be any cuter?!? I don't think so!

Glad that things are looking up for you guys and the steroids are done for 3 months! Sweet!

Give the girl the fries. I can see how she would win that match every time. With a face like that.....she should have fries every day!

Anonymous said...

She is just unbelievably cute! I know I could never say no to her, and I didn't much to you, either :)
Love to you, Em !

Contributors