Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Delayed Intensification, Day 1/56

So we're towards the end of Day 1 right now. I feel like we should at least be at Day 2, but all these medical folks are so technical that we actually start at Day 0(yesterday). Maren's ANC was 1025, just high enough to start the new phase. The LP went perfectly fine, and we're grateful for that. She picked a lovely hair-styling Barbie head from the treasure chest. She seemed to be okay, but slightly tired and loopy the rest of the day. I was feeling pretty good about things until she threw up at 5am. She spent the rest of the day wimpering, yelling that she wants to cry - as in "No, I wanna cry!", telling me her legs and tummy hurt, getting the most mysterious rash I have ever seen and then having it disappear in 20 minutes (thank the Lord), and having moments of laughter and fun in between. She's on 5 meds right now in addition to the 3 chemo drugs she got yesterday, so it's understandable that she just feels junky. She is in bed right now, and like all parents, I'm just hoping she sleeps through the night. I will try post some pictures tomorrow, I left the camera in the van yesterday, and I just don't have the energy to go out and get it right now. I think I'll try to update every day if I can during this phase. Thanks again for praying. God is good.

4 comments:

molly june. said...

this post really got to me & i am in tears! tears for your sweet maren that has to go through all this! tears for a mommy & daddy that have to watch their daughter struggle through this! it seems so unfair, & i can't even begin to imagine what it feels like as the parent! i pray God would touch & heal maren's body, and soon!!, knowing that all things work together for good for those that love Him! xo

Alison and her boys said...

Love you Em! You guys are on a journey and so many prayers are with you! I'm so glad you are updating so much! I love knowing what's going on!

scheblein said...

Maren, sometimes I wanna yell, "No, I just wanna cry!" too.... So, go ahead and yell and cry, and try to remember that Jesus loves you more than even your mommy and daddy do (hard as that is to even fathom), and that He is crying with you, and that WE ALL LOVE YOU!Today, I met a daddy with a little bit bigger girl (age 15) who like you has ALL too, and she just finished all her treatment and is doing great!!! She is praying for you too. Give your mom a hug for me, love you, Great Auntie Heather & GrUncle Bob xo

Lynn said...

I am with molly june on this one - pretty choked up. As a mama, I can't imagine how you feel right now.

Thank you for the continued and frequent updates, Emily, it really gives us a good idea of how to lift you up each day.

Please let us know what we can do for your precious family.

Contributors