Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Delayed Intensification, Day 1/56
So we're towards the end of Day 1 right now. I feel like we should at least be at Day 2, but all these medical folks are so technical that we actually start at Day 0(yesterday). Maren's ANC was 1025, just high enough to start the new phase. The LP went perfectly fine, and we're grateful for that. She picked a lovely hair-styling Barbie head from the treasure chest. She seemed to be okay, but slightly tired and loopy the rest of the day. I was feeling pretty good about things until she threw up at 5am. She spent the rest of the day wimpering, yelling that she wants to cry - as in "No, I wanna cry!", telling me her legs and tummy hurt, getting the most mysterious rash I have ever seen and then having it disappear in 20 minutes (thank the Lord), and having moments of laughter and fun in between. She's on 5 meds right now in addition to the 3 chemo drugs she got yesterday, so it's understandable that she just feels junky. She is in bed right now, and like all parents, I'm just hoping she sleeps through the night. I will try post some pictures tomorrow, I left the camera in the van yesterday, and I just don't have the energy to go out and get it right now. I think I'll try to update every day if I can during this phase. Thanks again for praying. God is good.
- a little fever
- Delayed Intensification, Day 28/56, Time warp
- Quick update
- Home sweet home . . .
- Delayed Intensification, Day 21/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 20/56, giving steroid...
- Swings and Haircuts
- Delayed Intensification Day 17/56
- I didn't expect the steroids to affect Maren so mu...
- Elijah Blaine
- Clinic Chronicles, Delayed Intensification, Day 15...
- Delayed Intensification , Day 13/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 12/56, N...
- Day 10/56, Looking Good and Going Strong
- Delayed Intensification Day 9/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 8/56
- Lovin' Labor Day
- Adventures in the Woodlands - Take that Day 4
- Delayed Intensification, Day 3/56
- Answered Prayers
- Delayed Intensification, Day 1/56
- ▼ September (22)