Monday, September 14, 2009
Delayed Intensification , Day 13/56
We're headed back to clinic tomorrow for Maren to get another dose of Doxorubicin and Vincristine. She'll also start the steroids again in the morning (she already did the first pulse Days 0-6). We are so thrilled that she hasn't had any trouble with glucose levels so far. We don't know what to expect with this second pulse. I'm not convinced last week's steroids are out of her system since she is still eating like a teenager, and she has redeveloped a few of her other induction habits like insisting her hands be double wiped after meals, sleeping with washcloths, and sometimes asking me to feed her instead of picking up her food herself. I have to wonder if she knows something is off inside her body, or if being only 2, she doesn't think much of it. Still, she is doing wonderfully all things considered. I am very thankful that she is happy, able to get around and play, and that we can all be together at home and not in the hospital. And . . . more good news . . . after tomorrow we don't have to go back to clinic for 2 weeks - yay! The time off is to allow her blood counts to recover in order to start the second half of DI with different drugs. Please pray that she is able to remain healthy and at home. Thank you so much.
- a little fever
- Delayed Intensification, Day 28/56, Time warp
- Quick update
- Home sweet home . . .
- Delayed Intensification, Day 21/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 20/56, giving steroid...
- Swings and Haircuts
- Delayed Intensification Day 17/56
- I didn't expect the steroids to affect Maren so mu...
- Elijah Blaine
- Clinic Chronicles, Delayed Intensification, Day 15...
- Delayed Intensification , Day 13/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 12/56, N...
- Day 10/56, Looking Good and Going Strong
- Delayed Intensification Day 9/56
- Delayed Intensification, Day 8/56
- Lovin' Labor Day
- Adventures in the Woodlands - Take that Day 4
- Delayed Intensification, Day 3/56
- Answered Prayers
- Delayed Intensification, Day 1/56
- ▼ September (22)