Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Clinic Chronicles, Delayed Intensification, Day 15,56

Maren is 1/4 of the way through with DI!!!

Clinic went fine yesterday. Maren got her treatments with no problem and we were actually out of there in less than 2 hours. Her ANC was 800, and her platelets were 156,000. Dr. Randy said this was on the low end of normal for this stage. I'm guessing her ANC will go back up because she started her steroids again yesterday, so that ought to give her a little boost for the week.

Elijah B. turned 4 yesterday. We had a fun dinosaur-themed day, and I think he loved every minute of it. I felt bad having to leave him to go to clinic on his birthday, but luckily Grandma was here and the Birthday Bird (I'll explain later) came, so I don't think he even missed me. I'll post pictures later today.

3 comments:

Alison and her boys said...

Yeah! I'm glad she is doing so well! Happy Birthday to Elijah!!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!! 4 is such a BIG age :o) !

So glad to hear that things are going smoothly - praying that things continue as such.

Becky said...

Congrats on being 1/4 through. Wow. Also..a big congrats to the birthday boy. So glad to hear it was a quick visit to clinic!

Contributors