Monday, August 31, 2009

Hope and Prayer, we need lots

Delayed Intensifcation here we come. Maren is so excited to see Dr. Randy that she asked if we could go tonight. I told her Dr. Randy was getting ready for bed (unlikely as the poor man is usually there until 8pm and takes overnight call every 3 nights or so), but she thought that was reasonable and agreed to go in the morning. I hope that she isn't disappointed. Please pray that she is able to keep up her beautiful, happy spirit, that she doesn't have any complications, and doesn't have to be hospitalized for any part of the next 56 days.
I took these pics of the kids on the couch thinking that I can't wait until they're sitting there at Christmastime, healthier and happier. I also thought it would be nice to document Maren's hair, because she is expected to lose it - eyebrows and all - during this phase. I can't say I'm really bothered by the idea of her cute little bald head, and for now she seems a little excited about getting an "orrcut" just like Daddy's.
Below is our stocked pantry. Does this bring up any memories of Y2K? We are pretty much going to be isolated for the next 2 months. I think I'll make my last trip to the grocery store tomorrow (I forgot to buy ketchup - and that's popular stuff in our house). I went to Coscto and Target over the weekend and I've never felt more OCD in my life. I'm sure I looked like Monk constantly wiping the cart and my hands, but the stores were packed. Maren starts her steroids tomorrow night, and her appetite is expected to skyrocket. I just hope that I got the right things or I'll have some 'splainin' to do to a cranky 2 year old! Here's hoping - for a lot!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

funcarly said...

Thinking and praying for you every day..... as you enter this next phase I pray that you all keep smiling through this difficult time. You are an AMAZING family! Maren is one strong and special little girl- and she is so lucky to have a wonderful family surrounding her with constant love. God is good.....lean on Him because He is always there for you. xoxo, Carly A.

Anonymous said...

Emily, Has anyone told you how absolutely wonderful you are lately? Well you are! You absolutely take my breath away. Our love and prayers to your family. Big hugs and kisses, Aunt Karen & Russ too!

molly june. said...

emily, you are doing an AMAZING job with all of this!! AMAZING!! maren is so so lucky to have you as her mama! i'll be praying for this next phase! that these next two months will fly by with maren keeping her cute spunk! hugs to you!!!

TomandBecky said...

Thinking of you guys and praying for successful treatments, and no illness during this intense phase. Christmas will be extra special this year, with the really tough stuff all over!

Alison and her boys said...

Love you guys and will be praying for you! I'm glad Maren is excited about a haircut! My boys dread getting one! Good job on stocking up! You are amazing!

scheblein said...

In case my email didn't get to you, we're praying for good things (Rom 8:28)!! Love you guys, Heather & Bob

Anonymous said...

I check your blog every couple of days and pray for Maren daily. I will be praying for you and your family as you go through this difficult stage. Maren is a precious little thing :)
Leslie (McCoy) Chvala

Becky said...

Love you guys. Many prayers, too....

Watkins said...

I've been thinking of you all day and hope day one went well. We love you guys and are praying that every one stays healthy. Lots of Love from Scotland!

Contributors